Thursday, May 28, 2009

House Almost Done (Super long post, but mostly pictures. Sorry)

So, it has been a long time since we last updated so I figured I needed to post some pictures of the house. It is almost done and now just has some of the finishing touches before it is done. Here is the progression of the exterior of the house.

The lot after they first staked it.


The hole they dug for the foundation.


The footings with the forms for the rest of the foundation.

The foundation with backfill.

The first floor goes up. They delivered the walls already put together in sections, so they go up fast.


The second floor also was put up that day.

House with a roof!

Shingles, windows and doors.


Now it has the brick and the first layer of the stucco facade. (I skipped the picture with the weather wrapping, I hope nobody minds.)

Exterior with the color. I think I need to take another exterior picture because now it has most of the soffets and the garage door as well as the exterior lights. (The garage door is still white so I am guessing that they will be painting that soon.)

Ok, now just a couple of interior pictures. The kitchen is my favorite part.




Nyla is working on crawling and can now do it at the house now that they have laid the carpet.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, it is beautiful! I am super jeallous of that kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I am so happy for you. You're going to love it. I think I smell a BBQ at your house very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, we did buy a grill as an early Father's Day present. I think there WILL be a BBQ there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE!!! I love your kitchen! Good for you! Your house looks a lot like mine on the outside... I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I'm excited to see it when we come at the end of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at all of those cabinets! love that!! did somebody say bbq?? sounds like fun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how exciting! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting!! The kitchen does look amazing, and so big!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jayme can help you move in. Let us know details as it gets closer. How exciting! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! Fun! Building your own house is SO worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea!! for it almost being done! Nyla is so cute!

    ReplyDelete